1. OWNERSHIP OF THE WEBSITE
The website www.simonelectric.com is owned by Simon S.A.U. (hereinafter SIMON), company with registered office at Diputación, 390-392 · 08013 Barcelona, with tax number A08078651 and registered in the Barcelona trade register, volume 20.842, folio 090, page number B-12955.
You can contact us by calling: 902109100 or by email to email@example.com
ACCEPTANCE OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE WEBSITE
Access to and use of the website www.simonelectric.com (hereinafter ”the website”) entails subjection to and acceptance of these terms and conditions.
On accessing and using the website and using the services offered on it, the user demonstrates their acceptance of these terms and conditions of use. If you do not accept them, please refrain from accessing and using it.
The terms and conditions of use set out below apply from the date of their latest update, although SIMON reserves the right to change them at any time. The user remains responsible for regularly consulting the terms and conditions of use in order to ascertain whether or not they have been updated. If you continue to access or use the website or the services offered after changes have been published, it will be understood that you accept them.
2. TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE OF THE WEBSITE
All the website’s content, extending, non-exclusively, to the texts, documents, photographs, pictures, images, icons, graphic representations, audiovisual or audio content, and its graphic design and font code, the brands, trade names and other distinguishing signs are exclusively owned by SIMON or third parties and are protected by currently applicable industrial and intellectual property laws, except where otherwise specified.
Any kind of commercial use, reproduction, distribution, modification, public communication, transfer or transformation or any other type of dissemination of the information or elements contained in the website mentioned in this section, via any medium or means, not expressly and previously authorized by SIMON or by its respective owners, is strictly prohibited.
Infringement of any of the said rights may constitute a breach of these terms and conditions of use, of industrial and intellectual property laws and an offense punishable in accordance with the current Criminal Code.
This identification enables them to be identified as a specific user and enables their personal preferences to be saved, as well as technical information about visits or specific pages visited, such as:
- i. Date and time of the last time the user visited the website.
- ii. Design of the content the user selected on their first visit to the website.
- iii. Security features that come into play in the control of access to restricted areas.
The user can prevent the generation of cookies by selecting the corresponding option on their browser program, although deactivating them may prevent the page working properly.
Alternatively, the user can adjust the configuration of their browser so that it notifies them every time a cookie is installed in their system.
You can find out more about the cookies SIMON uses on the website via the Cookies Policy link.
SIMON has appointed a Data Protection Officer whom you can contact at any time by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about how your personal information is processed.
Who is responsible for processing your data?
The personal data that may be collected through the website will be processed by SIMON, S.A. (hereinafter SIMON), with registered address in Barcelona, C/ Diputacion 390-392, 08013. Tax ID number: A-08078651. Listed in the Barcelona Business Registry, Volume 20,842, folio 090, sheet B-12955.
How do we collect your data?
As a general rule, using the website does not require users to first disclose their personal data.
Any data you provide to us will be disclosed voluntarily. There is a contact form you can use to provide your data. Likewise, when browsing through the website, you may reach other SIMON sites where you can enter your data to sign up or to download content that may be of interest to you.
For what purposes will we process your data?
The data you provide to us will be used by SIMON to:
- i. Handle any requests you send in using the contact form;
- ii. Send you commercial communications on the products and/or services of the companies in the Simon Group (such as catalogues, prices, product news, invitations to events, relevant information on SIMON, etc.) by any means (email, postal mail, SMS, etc.).
- iii. Manage the downloads of guides and documents offered by SIMON and that you request, which we do by creating a profile for your areas of interest with the data you give us and with your browsing habits;
- iv. Send you personalised content that SIMON may determine based on your behaviour and on your personal preferences when browsing, which will let us offer you quality content that is tailored to your interests;
- v. Manage your subscription to blogs and/or newsletters that you request;
- vi. If you request it, contact you to offer you personalised advice for your project.
How long will we keep your data?
Your personal data will be kept for as long as needed in order to satisfy the purpose for which they were originally gathered. If your data are used for several purposes that require us to keep them for different periods, the longest retention period will be applied.
Once your data are no longer needed, access will either be limited in strict compliance with legal obligations, or they will be securely destroyed.
As concerns the use of your information for marketing purposes, we will keep that information for said purpose until you tell us otherwise.
Who will we share your data with?
Depending on your request, your data may be disclosed to the companies in the Simon Group that are based in the European Economic Area.
- i. In the case of a request made using the contact form, your data may be provided to the Group company that can best process your request;
- ii. In the case of requests to download guides and documents, or to sign up for blogs and/or newsletters, your data may be disclosed to those companies in the Simon Group that produce and/or provide the products and/or services you are interested in.
Unless otherwise indicated in the specific form, your data will not be disclosed to other recipients.
How do we protect your data?
SIMON is committed to the security of the information and has laid out security policies and procedures to ensure the confidentiality of your data.
We may hire specific services from third parties that could require them to access and/or process personal data, but in any case, said third parties are required to comply with applicable laws and with our security policies. They have to guarantee that they will use the information in keeping with the instructions of SIMON and must implement suitable technical and organisational measures to ensure the confidentiality of the information.
What are your data protection rights?
You may exercise your rights at any time by writing to the Data Protection Officer at the email or postal mail address provided.
Specifically, you can request to access your personal data, to correct any incorrect information, to have your personal data deleted, to limit the processing, and to transfer your data, always within the terms specified in the applicable law.
Likewise, when the legal basis for the processing is your consent, you may exercise your right to oppose the processing of your personal data at any time.
You are also informed of the option to file a claim with the Spanish Data Protection Agency if you believe that there has been a violation of the law involving the processing of your personal data.
2.4. SIMON’S RESPONSIBILITY
SIMON does not guarantee continuous access or correct display, download or use of the elements and information contained in the website, which may be prevented, hindered or interrupted by factors or circumstances beyond its control.
SIMON is not responsible for the information and other content integrated in third-party web pages accessible from the website via links, hyperlinks, or for the information and content of any-third party website presented with the appearance or distinguishing signs of SIMON.
SIMON will not be held liable for any damage, harm, losses, claims or costs caused by:
- i. Interference, interruptions, faults, omissions, telephone faults, delays, blocking or disconnections in the operation of the electronic system, caused by deficiencies, overloads and errors in the telecommunications lines and networks, or for any other reason beyond SIMON’s control;
- ii. Illegal intrusions through use of malicious programs of any kind and via any means of communication, such as computer viruses or any others;
- iii. Undue or inappropriate use of the website;
- iv. Security or browsing errors caused by the poor operation of the browser or through use of non-updated versions of the same.
2.5. THE USER’S RESPONSIBILITY
The user will be responsible for all activities performed with their credentials and for complying with local, national and international standards and regulations relating to its use of the website, including those related to the protection of intellectual property, protection of personal details, international communications and data transmission.
In all circumstances, the website user will be responsible for damage or harm of any kind that SIMON may suffer as a result of the user’s failure to comply with the obligations to which they are subject under these terms and conditions of use.
The user agrees to hold SIMON harmless of any liability with respect to any person, which may derive from a use of the website non-compliant with these terms and conditions of use and with current legislation.
The user must immediately notify SIMON of any unauthorized use of its password or account and of any other possible infringement of security it may be aware of or suspect.
It is strictly prohibited to:
- i. PRetend to be another person or entity or to provide untruthful information on your affiliation with a person or entity;
- ii. Circumvent, eliminate, alter, deactivate, lower or block any of the website’s content protections;
- iii. Perform reverse engineering activities, decompile or disassemble any software contained on the website;
- iv. Reproduce, duplicate or copy or commercially use any element of the website, without SIMON’s prior written authorization;
- v. Obtain, gather, store or modify the personal details of other users;
- vi. Upload, publish, send by email or transmit by any other medium any material designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of the software, hardware or telecommunications system associated with the service, such as computer viruses or other computer codes, files or programs;
- vii. Use the website for any illegal or unauthorized purpose
3. APPLICABLE LEGISLATION AND RESOLUTION OF DISPUTES
These terms and conditions of use are governed by Spanish law.
For the resolution of any dispute that may derive from access to and use of the website, the user and SIMON agree to subject themselves expressly to the courts of the city of Barcelona, waiving any other general or special forum that may correspond.
4. MODIFICATION OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
These terms and conditions of use may be modified at any time and without notice. The user will always have this information available in a visible, freely accessible place, in order to be able to consult it at will.
Version 2. Last update May 18th 2018